Here are some small changes that you can utilize to save some big money on your wedding.
1. Consider the off-peak season and save thousands of dollars, along with skipping Saturday weddings.
2. Hold your ceremony and reception in the same place to cut down the cost of travel for vendors.
3. Have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths, and shop for extra decor and decorations during off-season.
4. Stick with just a pair of flowers and use more greenery and non-florals, like laterns, to reduce cost.
5. Buy flowers that are in season, and avoid costly out of season flowers.
Food & Drink:
6. You can skip the main course, apps and drinks are fine, if serving food stick to comfort food such as mac and cheese, barbecue chicken, and corn.It’s fun and often much cheaper.
7. Offer beer, wine, and a signature cocktail and forgo a full bar.
8. Order a small one or two-tiered cake for the reception and then have a supplemental sheet cake for guests, and keep the add-ons simple and skip the exotic fillings such as mango.
9. Reuse ceremony flowers for the cake table.
Stationary & Favors:
10. Email your save-the-dates.
11. DIY menu cards, escort cards, and wedding favor packaging, and have your favors double as escort cards.